11/12/2015

#SWI - "Star Wars Identities" Impressions

Darth Vader costume

Finally I found some time to visit the Star Wars Identities - The Exhibition which takes place in cologne right now! I really enjoyed it! And of course I want to share my impressions with you :)


I D E N T I T I E S
You need to take the word "Identity" quite serious. Because you will explore a lot the characters of the Star Wars Universe. In case you didn't know it already, you can find out where they come from, how their relationship is and what skills they have.
Well, as a total Star Wars addict these information were nothing new for me :D

drawing by Ralph McQuarrie


P R O P S  &  M O R E
But you can also discover around 200 original costumes, props, models and artworks! As textile designer I have my eye on the fabrics & workmanship of the costumes! To see how it looks in real life is totally amazing! Unfortunately you cannot touch it..

all space ships & imperial walkers which were used for the movies


story board snapshot of Han Solo & Chewbacca


C O N C E P T  D E S I G N
You can explore the creative process of each character. There are a lot of concept artworks to discover, which are pretty awesome! It's always interesting to see the story behind and how the team developed the characters.

"I hold under pressure" - Jabba The Hutt Concept drawing
concept artwork of Yoda compared to the original look


B U I L T  Y O U R  O W N  C H A R A C T E R
The whole way trough the exhibition you have the possibility to create your own Star Wars character. Step by step you choose who you are and how you evolve. And at the end you can see what's the result.
my character "Anjali"


 


                

4 Kommentare: